Friday, March 5, 2010

Enemy


Though we had different names, at this place we both had only one name “enemy”. He is my enemy and I’m to him. We were made enemies by nationality and at this place it was reduced to the difference in the color of our army uniforms.

It’s the fifth day of our captive life in a bunker that lies in NO mans land. We didn’t have many conversations, we both were equally wounded and were not able to move out of the bunker where we were and were waiting for some kind of help. The sounds of guns and grenades has now faded. Which means some one will come to rescue one among us and the other will be a captive for the rest of his life.

Prayers were running high in both our hearts and even the sound of crickets at nights gave us an illusion of someone walking towards us. And the time came at last, we were hearing some foot steps for sure, I gathered guts and peeped out of the bunker and sat back inside the bunker with a smile of relief .My enemies face turned pale and I was able to understand his thoughts and fear. He took out his knife plead to me “please Kill me” I took the knife from his hand and My hands trembled for the first time killing an enemy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment